Nuwave Oven - Nu Wave Oven not working HELP

I purchased a Nu wave oven a week ago.Tried it the first day it came in and It took the steaks like 4 times longer to cook than the dvd said it would.

I had tried it without putting in the power level and with putting in the power level. Tomorrow a lady from Nu wave is suppose to be calling me and walking me through how to use it. I am concerned that if I don't like it they will charge me 94.00 in shipping to send it back like I HAVE BEEN READING ON THE REVIEWS. What a rip off!!

So am I just doing something wrong??? Oh and also I ended up putting the steaks in my oven to finish cooking. They were tender inside but had no taste even though I seasoned them.

My husband was upset.What to do, Please Help???

More Review Details

Helpful? 3 Yes 3 15 No 15
Had the same issue 14 Yes 14
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Oct 19 #1050543

The default is 350° - you can lower but not increase temp. Watch demo on QVC. Nothing wrong with your NW oven... just watch a demo for how to use.

Oct 19 #1050540 Manassas, Virginia

I have a NuWave... it's cooking everything perfect just like they showed on the QVC demo. The default setting is 350°. I simply touch "cook time" and start. Are you cooking.5-6 minutes per side as instructed? Join the NuWave Oven Recipes site or NuWave,Cooking Club site. I think you have operator error issues. The first site is all NuWave owners and ask anything!

Aug 29 #1026912

My nu wave oven don't heat up any more model number 20356 black.I need to get the top part were the ring turn red that make's the cook .

Big ken

Mar 13 #958099 Richmond, Virginia

I hear your troubles because my n wave for some reason will not allow a temperature change. It is stuck on 350. You try and add another temp. and it reverts back to 350. Anyone with any ideas

Feb 13 #945437 San Antonio, Texas

My new wave does not heat at all. The wall plug has power - other appliance work as they are supposed to. It is only the NuWave. Had it a while, but not used a great deal. Any thoughts besides purchasing another one?

Oct 10, 2014 #882988 Houston, Texas

My nu wave just started not to cook. I hit cook time..set time..hit cook and it goes back to zero time and doesnt start. Anyone know if I hit buttons incorrectly.

35 18 Reply

Aug 16 #1020250 Florissant, Missouri

my has been working fine for 8 years now.. love but just recently its doing the same thing you described.. press cook time.. enter time press start.. goes back to zero.. huh!!

Nov 05 #1059176

hit cook for temp, then hit cook time, then the start button

Nov 06 #1059502

Also the same problem

Mar 21, 2014 #797446

My NU wave just died!!! I was very happy with it up till now. Is there a circuit breaker on it some where??

35 17 Reply

Oct 31, 2014 #893708

Please let me know if you find out because my two month old NuWave 2 cooktop just suddenly stopped working.

14 2 Reply

Jan 15 #931795 Detroit, Michigan

My new wave went dead too just stopped working,,are there anything we can do ,,to fix this problem,,

Jun 13 #994745 Brooklyn, New York

Plug it into a wall that has a text and rest switch and press test then reset the set a cook time and it will come back on good as new

Aug 16 #1020251

ha!! it worked thanks!!

Dec 18, 2013 #760734

I took a shot in the dark and squirted a few drops of WD-40 on the bolt holding the fan in (then cleaned any off with a papertowel corner so it wouldnt drip back down on the element), and I havent had the oven shut down mid-use since. I hope im right in guessing the fan bearings may just need lubricating.

3 0 Reply
Ellen L Johnson

Apr 25, 2010 #136878

I have use one of the original nuwave ovens for something like 5 years now. I think I have made every mistake that can be made with this appliance. It sounds to me like you have pushed the power level button which will lower the power. While mine is an older machine, I suggest that you do a reset by trying this: Unplug the unit for at least 30 seconds. A minute is better. Then plug it in again and try cooking this way: Put your food on the rack, put the lid down, DO NOT PUSH THE POWER LEVEL BUTTON AS IT WILL LOWER THE POWER. push the cook time button set your cook time and push the button or knob that turns the heat on. My unit is the old Flavr-Wave so I have to turn my food halfway through. I just set the time for half of the cook time and then turn the food over and repeat the process. I am currently single, so I cook only turkey *** and have not used my conventional oven for turkey or chicken since I got the flavr-wave. Hope this helps. By the way, the only thing I have to watch with this oven is that I be sure to turn it off with the button after use. Otherwise it just stays in keep warm mode and if I forget that and happen to open the unit and remove the food without doing this I can have a nasty OMG the thing is on again experience when the warming cycle kicks in again. That is my stupidity and not the fault of my excellent unit.

0 1 Reply

Apr 23, 2010 #136307

Did you ever get a hold of customer service? One of my friends had the same problem but found out they were pressing the power level then pressing 1 to find out it was on the lowest power level.

3 12 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.