Nuwave Oven - Nu Wave Oven not working HELP

481 of 501 Nuwave Oven Reviews
Mar 18, 2010
review #175368

I purchased a Nu wave oven a week ago.Tried it the first day it came in and It took the steaks like 4 times longer to cook than the dvd said it would.

I had tried it without putting in the power level and with putting in the power level. Tomorrow a lady from Nu wave is suppose to be calling me and walking me through how to use it. I am concerned that if I don't like it they will charge me 94.00 in shipping to send it back like I HAVE BEEN READING ON THE REVIEWS. What a rip off!!

So am I just doing something wrong??? Oh and also I ended up putting the steaks in my oven to finish cooking. They were tender inside but had no taste even though I seasoned them.

My husband was upset.What to do, Please Help???

806fe92
1.5
Had an experience with Nuwave Oven?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
481 of 501 Nuwave Oven Reviews
ELF

Mar 21

My NU wave just died!!! I was very happy with it up till now. Is there a circuit breaker on it some where??

LoveTheOven

Dec 18, 2013

I took a shot in the dark and squirted a few drops of WD-40 on the bolt holding the fan in (then cleaned any off with a papertowel corner so it wouldnt drip back down on the element), and I havent had the oven shut down mid-use since. I hope im right in guessing the fan bearings may just need lubricating.

Ellen L Johnson

Apr 25, 2010

I have use one of the original nuwave ovens for something like 5 years now. I think I have made every mistake that can be made with this appliance. It sounds to me like you have pushed the power level button which will lower the power. While mine is an older machine, I suggest that you do a reset by trying this: Unplug the unit for at least 30 seconds. A minute is better. Then plug it in again and try cooking this way: Put your food on the rack, put the lid down, DO NOT PUSH THE POWER LEVEL BUTTON AS IT WILL LOWER THE POWER. push the cook time button set your cook time and push the button or knob that turns the heat on. My unit is the old Flavr-Wave so I have to turn my food halfway through. I just set the time for half of the cook time and then turn the food over and repeat the process. I am currently single, so I cook only turkey *** and have not used my conventional oven for turkey or chicken since I got the flavr-wave. Hope this helps. By the way, the only thing I have to watch with this oven is that I be sure to turn it off with the button after use. Otherwise it just stays in keep warm mode and if I forget that and happen to open the unit and remove the food without doing this I can have a nasty OMG the thing is on again experience when the warming cycle kicks in again. That is my stupidity and not the fault of my excellent unit.

cathy

Apr 23, 2010

Did you ever get a hold of customer service? One of my friends had the same problem but found out they were pressing the power level then pressing 1 to find out it was on the lowest power level.

0 1 Reply

×
You were reading a complaint about Nuwave Oven.
Filing a new complaint about
×