Nuwave Oven - NuWave is a major scam !!!!!!!

Issue not resolved

I am upset beyond belief.I logged into the NuWave website to look at the items I saw on TV.

First of all you have to enter your credit card info just to go through the pages. Here is the fun part !! As you go through the pages you are actually ordering items. I used the back button once and ended up with an additional one.

My total came out to $330 for a $129 oven. I am so *** mad. I sent an e-mail to the company to cancel which got auto rejected. I tried as soon as they opened today..

Their response was sorry, it just shipped. This story needs to be told.

I will advertise this when ever and where ever humanly possible.

d4ec5ee review #168167
33 Helpful? 92
Had the same issue0 Comments178 Report
Had an experience with Nuwave Oven?  Submit review about this company
Debra Morgan

Nov 03, 2012

i have had my NU Wave for 2 years and there is noting i dont LOVE bout it, cant tell you the last time i used my regular oven, i even cook my Thansgiving and Christmas turkey in it and its the best thing i have bought in along time, fixing to by another one for family memeber. Just aways read fine print and yes they are going to try and sell you other items but thats just good bsiness sense and you just can say no.

Joolsa

Oct 03, 2012

They say on TV that the extra items are FREE. If it feels like a scam, walks like a scam & talks like a scam, guess what? It is a SCAM. :eek

Joolsa

Oct 03, 2012

:) Thank you for all the info. I was just about to order when red flags went up. You get 3 payments, mini oven, juicer, free expedited shipping. Wait a minute! All of this for $99? Oh, no. Too good to be true. Once they get my credit card, they can keep on charging. It's happened to me before so I decided to look up "complaints" on google. Am I glad I did! I'll buy the oven at Walmart. This way, I can walk in & complain.
Thanks so much!

nuwavemom33

Feb 18, 2013 Columbia, South Carolina

i love my nuwave i got it also at walmart i love it i cook in it all the time in fact i got my inlaws one too walmart is the best place to buy that stuff

Anne, New Haven, CT

Aug 25, 2012

:? Another issue I encountered when I placed my order is that I was not provided with a confirmation number for the order. On their website NuWave says they are members of the Better Business Bureau, but if you look at it carefully, it's only since 2012. Has anyone else not gotten a confirmation number after they placed the order?

bb

Jan 15, 2013 Kenduskeag, Maine

I ordered last night and I did not get a confirmation number. But I also would not order from my credit card. I went to rite aid and bought a reloadable card and put just enough money on it to pay for this order. I have a major problem about giving out my info to anyone. Not getting a confirmation number really bothers me.

Anne, New Haven, CT

Aug 25, 2012

:( I attempted to order the PIC from NUWAVE - By the time I got done talking with the call center (not a NuWave employee)my order went from $128 up to $230. I had a funny feeling about this so I called back within 24 hours to cancel the order. I could not get through to a customer service. What I ended up doing was cancelling my credit card so that they could not access my account. Next surprise, I got an envelope in the mail for the ValueOnline and was informed that they would debit my credit card for $25 a month. The fliers that they sent with the letter were companies I would never deal with. Have never heard from NuWave again.

Coe

Aug 24, 2012

I ordered Nuwave IPC two months ago and still did not receive any of the backorders. I also left 5 messages for a week but they never return the calls. They did charge every payment on time. Will file a complaint on BBB (Better Business Bureau, Illinois) website.

pissatnuwave2

Mar 31, 2013

Goodluck to you! I just recently ordered from Nuwave the special sale that they advertised; buy one get one free! I was emailed a copy of my invoice. Two weeks later I received a box,2nd box arrived a week later and it was incomplete. I sent customer service an email, I was told I need pay for the main package that I did not rec'd in order for me to get it. I emailed them my invoice to show them that I ordered it according to my invoice. Make story short they sent me copy of their revised invoice they deleted the main package that comes with my nuwave order! why they revised my order? no explaination or apology!!! I been sending emails for the last two weeks, I am busy and have other things to do! I told them to forget it! I don't want the main package anymore...I can go on...but I am feed up! so goodluck to all of you who has a problem with Nuwave they have worse customer service!!!

pattid

Aug 08, 2012

I was watching the infomercial which included an additional "free" mini oven when I called in the order. When I received my order, the mini over was not included. Their customer service is horrible, you can't talk with anyone and you have to leave a voice mail. I have left 5 voicemails in 5 days and no one from Nuwave has returned my phone call. They are scam artists!!

GARY PFIFER

Aug 07, 2012

I ORDERED MY NUWAVE COUNTER TOP ABOUT THREE WEEKS AGO. I HAVE ONLY TWO ITEMS AND HAVE NOT YET GOTTEN THE REST OF BACK ORDERS. IT ALSO SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE TO REACH A CUSTOMER REP. MY NAME IS GARY PFIFER, 702-277-5096 AND MY EMAIL IS HEEELER1@MSN.COM

evelyn

Nov 05, 2012

I called the 1800 number and got FedEx free express shipping and got exactly what I ordered. Yes the extra oven would cost an extra 39.00 dollars but would be worth it

ChefG

Aug 02, 2012

Thanks for the info I was very close to ordering one

0 0 Reply
you have to read carefuly and

Jul 30, 2012

I ordered my nu wave cooktop as soon as I saw it and I love it it came with the additional one if offered free only had to pay the S&H which is logical they never said they would get it to you free. like all websites you have to read carefully it will check off options for you and if you are a rush to checkout then yes you dont notice you agree to purchase the accessories. All websites to major companies are like this I guess when you are use to purchasing from Ebay only then yes you buy what you ask for. all other sites will either have add ons or sign you up for monthly refills or renewals. you must always READ CAREFULLY the fine print. I am pleased with my product I decided to skip the pots and pans and only opted for the addiotional one.

phil

Jul 21, 2012

buy from local store no padded shiping dont buy inlarger

CHEFJTHOM

Jul 14, 2012

I ORDERED THE NUWAVE COOKTOP WELL OVER A MONTH AGO, THE CO. REFUSES TO RETURN CALLS AND AS FAR AS THE BOGO OFFER AND FREE COOKWARE, IT'S TOTAL ***!! THIS CO. SHOULD BE INTERVIEWED BY A REPORTER WITH A SET OF BALLS TO ALERT CONSUMERS TO THIS UPSELL RIP-OFF ABUSE! WHAT A BUNCH OF COWARDLY EXECS. THIS CO. MUST EMPLOY, HOPE THEY SOON SHARE A BUNK BED WITH BERNIE MADOFF AND FRIENDS. WHAT A PIECE OF *** COMPANY!

ArtzeFartze

Jul 08, 2012

Thank you all for posting...I almost ordered the Nuwav PIC online but luckily decided to see if there were any happy customers when I came upon this site. After reading your complaints I decided to call them and get the straight scoop on what would be included in the order. The sales rep did not want to tell me that what was advertised is not what she was taking an order for and she tried to get me to order before telling more about the "free" items. But I insisted on finding out more before ordering.
As it turns out they were charging an additional $110.00 in SHIPPING!! to send out the all of the advertised "free" items, making the cost of the entire special offer a total of $239.00. Needless to say I didn't order it and instead found a better much cheaper unit elsewhere.

smd31smd

Jun 28, 2012

The NuWavve site is like no other, of the hundreds of sites that I have ordered things from.

Fred

Jun 28, 2012

Why is it when people are too *** to READ a page before hitting the continue button they always blame the company or the web site? The NuWave site is no different than any other on line shopping site. Don't be a cry baby because YOU didn't read first and then click continue.

1-20 of 178 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.