Nuwave oven website forces you to purchase item!

Jul 10, 2011
review #248024

THE VERY FIRST STEP IN THE ORDERING PROCESS REQUIRES YOU TO ENTER YOUR CREDIT CARD AND BILLING INFORMATION.ONLY AFTER THIS, WILL THEY BEGIN TO REVEAL TO YOU HIDDEN EXORBITANT SHIPPING CHARGES ON SUPPOSEDLY "FREE" ITEMS--CHARGES THAT ARE NOT MENTIONED ANYWHERE ON THEIR SITE.

IF YOU ARE SMART ENOUGH TO PUT AN IMMEDIATELY HALT TO THE ORDERING PROCESS AND "RUN," IT WON'T MATTER. YOU WILL RECEIVE A BILL IN THE MAIL FOR A HUGELY EXCESSIVE AMOUNT EVEN THOUGH YOU NEVER SUBMITTED AN ORDER AND WERE NEVER EVEN PROVIDED WITH A CONFIRMATION PAGE BREAKING DOWN YOUR ORDER AND ALL OF THE COSTS. THE SYSTEM LOCKS YOU INTO A PURCHASE THE MINUTE YOU COMPLETE THE VERY FIRST STEP, WHICH IS ENTERING YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION. WHEN YOU CALL THEM, THEY WILL LIE AND SAY THAT THEY WILL CANCEL THE ORDER, BUT THEY WON'T AND YOU WILL STILL GET BILLED.

THIS IS, IN MY OPINION, FRAUDULENT AND DECEPTIVE BEHAVIOR. I SMELL A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT COMING.

SHAME ON THIS COMPANY.THEIR PRODUCT APPEARS TO BE A GOOD ONE, FROM MOST REPORTS, SO WHY ARE THEY RESORTING TO THESE SORTS OF NASTY TACTICS AND DESTROYING THEIR REPUTATION WITH CONSUMERS?

af6a430
Had an experience with Nuwave Oven?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Paulette, zip code 73025

Dec 05, 2011

I purchased a NuWave Oven and additional items on Sunday, 4 Dec 2011 after 3pm CST. The confirmation number was 712674163 and the first payment is $176.73. I informed the sales rep that I wanted one of the items sent to another address. The sales rep told me that she only had enough space for one address and told me to call customer service the next morning to add an address. She gave me the customer service number 1-888-689-2831 and told me the hours are 8-6pm CST. I actually placed another order for a baking kit ($46.90 total) and was given an order number of 1227978 for this purchase. That evening after I made the purchase, I was informed by a family member that I was going to receive the items for Christmas. After being told this, I wanted to cancel the entire order. I called customer service at 0900 CST on Monday, 5 Dec 2011 and spoke to Maria. She told me that I had to pay a fee to split the order (to have it shipped to two different addresses) this was not what the sales rep I purchased the items from told me. She also mentioned that I purchased the items from a call bank and they don't know what they're doing. I then asked to cancel the entire order. Maria said I could not because the items have already shipped. She said that I had agreed to expedited shipping and that I could not cancel because of that. I did not sign up for expedited shipped because I wanted to split my order the next morning...I doesn't make sense. She said that they would have to listen to tape... Show more

carmenandjoe@att.net

Aug 01, 2011

I hate the phone orders and all the hidden charges everyone is compalining about. My advice is to go to J.C. Penny's. You can purchase "just a NuWave" without any hassel. I love my NuWave. I have purchased 4 of them. For myself and others. They love them too. My dome is cloudy and getting a little marble cracking in it. I have used it so much over the past 2 years. I'll use my oven maybe once and my Nuwave 20 times. I'm from Texas and we don't like heating up the kitchen. Sometimes I do add a little extra time but this oven is great! I'm sorry so many have had problems. The one I got works! When it dies I WILL go to Penny's and get another one. Good luck all. Carmen :)

jones & Pulltype

Jul 25, 2011

We just implemented a Free Shipping offer on our site. Also, the way the site works is that when you hit the order form you see the price for the product you ordered. After that you are given the opportunity to buy other products but the prices are always listed. Finally, when you are all done you have the option of completing the order, modifying the order or just leaving w/o placing an order.

David
Hearthware, Inc.

jones

Jul 11, 2011

I just went through the website and was going to order the Nuwave, but all the so called free stuff with charges came up...I deleted them, then left the site without clicking purchase. I better NOT get this or be charged because I will not pay for it. They are trying to rip everyone off with that site. I am calling my bank tomorrow, I was using my debit card and telling them NOT to accept anything from that company because I did not purchase it. Man, I had wanted that too...but it was all way to fishy for me to buy it.

Pulltype

Jul 10, 2011

Be sure to file a written dispute with your credit card company and well within the 60-day limit for disputes.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Nuwave Oven.
Filing a new complaint about
×