Contacted Arturo H at Nu Wave directly about a cracked dome, that I have now found out is a known defect. Despite the knowledge of the quality issues with this dome, they WILL NOT replace it for free.

My unit was 7 months old, I provided the original receipt and serial number that they requested, and despite still being under "warranty", they would not replace it. Nor would they explain what the actual "warranty" covers. He kept pointing me towards the general verbiage on their warranty that refers to shipping and handling to be paid for parts that need to be sent back to service. I told them this is replacement of a faulty part, not a repair to be sent back, but he will not acknowledge that statement, nor would he clarify the warranty further despite my questions.

As for the dome itself, he first offered me the upgraded "power dome" for $20 plus $13.95 shipping. When I told them that was unreasonable, I was then told they would lower the shipping to $9.95, cost of dome is the same. I wrote back again that I did not request an upgrade, but a replacement for the faulty dome on the unit. The next email said that I could have another original dome for $13.95 shipping.

I decided that Nu Wave does not care about its customers, or they would stand behind their products. I got sick and tired of the back and forth, so I decided to bring the entire unit back to retail point of purchase and got a brand new replacement for free, with no problems or questions. All I had to explain was that I had been given the run around from Nu Wave for 1 replacement part, so I decided to return it. The retail store can return the entire unit to Nu Wave for credit, which I am sure cost more that the dome that Nu Wave should have replaced for much less.

I will never purchase another item from this company once this unit breaks (and I am sure it won't last longer than the next 7 months) They lost a formerly loyal customer. Good riddance

Review about: Nuwave Oven 20632 Oven.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Replace faulty domes with no cost to the customer, they are a known quality issue with defective material that does not hold up with the regular use of the unit..

I didn't like: Terrible customer service, Warranty does not cover replacement for defects, Longevity of product.

Comments

JessicaC
#1420303
Nuwave Oven Verified Representative

Dear Nuwave Customer,

Thank you for your review.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We are always more than willing to lend a listening ear to any experiences, as well as address and assist with any concern a customer has in regards to their product.

If you need any assistance or have any further questions or concerns please contact Arturo H directly at 224-206-3045 or email him at Arturo.h@nuwavenow.com.

Sincerely,

Jessica C Customer Service Representative

to JessicaC #1425904

NO thanks, if you read my review, you would know that I already contacted Arturo and got nowhere. I returned the unit at retail and got an entire replacement since NuWave would not replace the faulty dome under warranty without cost.