NuWave generally sells their ovens with the clear dome that, with regular use, cracks and or self-destructs within 6 months to a year.The cost to replace the dome on the website is about $55.00 and another $14.00 or so in shipping and handling.
That is very close to the purchase price of a single oven and more than 50% of the BOGO offer of two ovens less shipping and handling of $29.95 per oven. I have had 5 of the NuWave ovens and all domes have cracked within 6 months and only one dome was replaced under the warranty. According to company rep, Arturo, the domes will flex and crack due to heat and regular use. Really?
Why doesn't NuWave tell their customers this fact up front? Is it because the initial domes are defective and they know it as I suspect they do? Or is it that they know it and want you to purchase the yellow, more durable dome to increase their profits rather than them fixing the problem at hand. I tried to cancel a recent order and they shipped it before responding to my email.
I have ordered a similar brand with a shatter-proof glass dome and lid to see how it will work.
It was $39 and free shipping.I have included pictures of four different cracks in this particular dome, and I will add that this was the replacement dome I got under warranty and it cracked within 6 months.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I am one of the thousands of Nuwave oven users that had the dome crack during normal use. I have had this unit only 57 days. I contacted..."
- "Cheap material for the dome! Do not buy this oven! False advertisement! Total waste of money! Customer service was crappy too. I should have read reviews first before I..."
- "Hello My name is Janie Long. I bought a new Wave oven and after about 6 times of using it the dome crack's in half. The heating element still works..."
- "The alt-katolische Spitalkirche is one of the oldest Christian churches in Baden-Baden. It was first mentioned on the Spital legal instruments on March 1351. It was not far from the..."
- "I went to Aspen Dental to get dental services, I asked to have my tooth extracted one of the Dentist said I needed to have a Root Canal. I said..."
- "I have been ordering from Rose Wholesale since late September and have purchased many items such as shirts, belts, shoes, underwear. I can tell you in no uncertain terms they..."
- "Bought a reclining love seat 4 yrs ago from a store now out of business. It has been rarely used and is peeling all over arms, back, headrests and..."
- "The shoe in question is the asics T50BQ red white and black gel-lithium that was purchased by my daughter for fathers day of this year 2016 the left shoe squeaks..."
- "While giving my order I asked about 'panini' she just pointed me to a board and asked to read which all are written as panini. Through out the conversation her..."