NuWave generally sells their ovens with the clear dome that, with regular use, cracks and or self-destructs within 6 months to a year. The cost to replace the dome on the website is about $55.00 and another $14.00 or so in shipping and handling.

That is very close to the purchase price of a single oven and more than 50% of the BOGO offer of two ovens less shipping and handling of $29.95 per oven. I have had 5 of the NuWave ovens and all domes have cracked within 6 months and only one dome was replaced under the warranty. According to company rep, Arturo, the domes will flex and crack due to heat and regular use. Really?

Why doesn't NuWave tell their customers this fact up front? Is it because the initial domes are defective and they know it as I suspect they do? Or is it that they know it and want you to purchase the yellow, more durable dome to increase their profits rather than them fixing the problem at hand. I tried to cancel a recent order and they shipped it before responding to my email.

I have ordered a similar brand with a shatter-proof glass dome and lid to see how it will work.

It was $39 and free shipping. I have included pictures of four different cracks in this particular dome, and I will add that this was the replacement dome I got under warranty and it cracked within 6 months.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss return, exchange or cancellation policy of nuwave oven oven food dome. NuWave Oven needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned nuwave oven oven food dome in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at NuWave Oven.

Comments

JessicaC
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #1232702
NuWave Oven Verified Representative

Dear Nuwave Oven Customer,

Thank you for your honest feedback.

Nuwave sincerely apologizes for the issues you are having with your Nuwave dome.

We could certainly understand how frustrating this could be and would like to offer our apologies.

Nuwave continues to strive to update and refine our products to be more modern and efficient.

That being said, we do now offer our new Power Dome.

Below is information about our power dome. Power Dome The virtually-indestructible Power Dome is built to withstand extreme temperatures. Made from polyphenylsulfone (PPSU), a material which delivers superior impact resistance while remaining BPA-free, the Power Dome uses similar technology applied in the manufacturing of jumbo jet windshields and NASA spaceships. In fact, the Power Dome is so strong, it's backed by a 3-year warranty.

We will be happy to assist you with getting a dome replacement at a more reasonable price. We value you as a customer and would like to request that you please contact Arturo H via phone at 224-206-3045, you may also email him at Arturo.h@nuwavenow.com. He is available Monday-Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm CST, to receive our best offer or warranty on the product.

Thank you. Sincerely, Jessica C Nuwave Customer Representative

to JessicaC #1538655

Hello was wondering why this issue wasn’t addressed before they were sold?I purchased three of the nuwave ,one for my son two for myself because of the dome breaking. I thought maybe I did something wrong on my first nuwave that caused the dome to break.

But the second dome broke as the first one did and my sons broke also. We really like the nuwave but the dome issue has turned us against it. The time you buy a new dome and shipping you might as well buy another nuwave. Not sure if that is the intention for your company to have people buy the oven again ?

Before they were sold I’m sure you knew the dome would not hold up long . You have a good product but the cheap dome gives it a bad name .

I wish they would have thought this through , I won’t be buying anymore because of this . I hope people will consider this before buying one .