1.4
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I bought two NuWave Ovens because I heard nothing but rave reviews but now I'm not sure it was a wise purchase. After a little over a year of use, I took it out again to make another dinner and noticed a huge crack going down the side of the dome and a spot where it started melting at some point.

I can't find a replacement dome anywhere and now I have a useless utensil that is only taking up space. Why did NuWave stop selling replacements knowing the dome they provided was garbage???

I've even looked for used domes (which is probably pretty foolish) with no viable results. I can't see spending another penny on any products by this company again (also had an induction cooktop that burned out after only 6 months).

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

slrtbrtfst

slrtbrtfst

The company proposed a reduced price for a new dome - why would I pay anything for faulty product replacements. I was told that it's normal wear and tear - the current class action lawsuit against the manufacturers says otherwise.

I happen ed to agree with this customer on the dome cracking. My dome cracked.

I bought another again it cracked. I don't put these domes in a dishwasher; I hand wash. This should not be happening. Now I can't get the dome for my unit which is one of the earlier white with red lettering.

A waste of money. To the trash it will go.

JessicaC
Nuwave Oven Verified Representative

Dear Nuwave Oven Customer,Thank you for your honest feedback.Nuwave sincerely apologizes for the issues you are having with your Nuwave dome.We could certainly understand how frustrating this could be and would like to offer our apologies.Nuwave continues to strive to update and refine our products to be more modern and efficient.That being said, we do now offer our new Power Dome. Below is information about our power dome.Power DomeThe virtually-indestructible Power Dome is built to withstand extreme temperatures.

Made from polyphenylsulfone (PPSU), a material which delivers superior impact resistance while remaining BPA-free, the Power Dome uses similar technology applied in the manufacturing of jumbo jet windshields and NASA spaceships. In fact, the Power Dome is so strong, it's backed by a 3-year warranty.We will be happy to assist you with getting a dome replacement at a more reasonable price.We value you as a customer and would like to request that you please contact Arturo H via phone at 224-206-3045, you may also email him at Arturo.h@nuwavenow.com.

He is available Monday-Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm CST, to receive our best offer or warranty on the product. Thank you.Sincerely,Jessica CNuwave Customer Representative

to JessicaC #1557482

I too, have the same problem of a cracked dome & now looking for a replacement. Over the years, I've had no problems with my purchase.

I find it surprising that a newer model has appeared and of course, at a higher price. Is there any discount for faithful users?