Hamilton, Ontario
100% full Not resolved

I like the idea behind this oven, and have used one at least 4 times per week for 5 years.The problem is, I've had to buy three ovens.

The first was mechanical (twist timer, not electronic). That head is actually still working. I replaced it because the see through dome was cracking after 4 years. The second one was the newer electronic unit.

The head failed after 8 months. I put the old head on the new dome (which was already cracking) and got another 5 months out of it until it actually fell apart in three pieces one day. The head is still okay. The third (and final - I'll never buy from this scam company again) went into service two weeks ago.

There's a crack in it already. I have not used the supplied dome rest in at least 4 years. I believed it was a poor design, and caused the disintigration of the first dome.

If you think you need one of these, research your purchase.There must be someone else out there making something similar.

Review about: Nuwave Oven.

I liked: Idea of the oven.

I didn't like: Poor quality of the dome and power head.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Nuwave Oven Oven
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / $300
Preferred solution Fix the problem with the inferior dome. Make it out of tempered glass if you must, and make it affordable to people that have suffered with broken ones.

Had an Experience with Nuwave Oven?

Submit review

Comments

CanuckConsumer

I will be picking up a new powerhead and replacement dome tomorrow.The company's customer service department contacted me as a result of this posting.

The rep, Brenda, had just one mission. To make things right.

I'm still concerned that I had to pay part of the cost for the upgraded dome, and I'm still bothered that the inferior dome was ever allowed to make it to market At this point in time, I'm happy with the outcome.Whether or not the new and improved dome lasts longer than the original, that remains to be seen.

Ro
Newton, Mississippi, United States #1150340

Your oven looks like mine :-(

JessicaC
Nuwave Oven Verified Representative

Dear Nuwave Oven Customer,

Thank you for your honest feedback.

Nuwave sincerely apologizes for the issues you are having with your Nuwave dome.

We could certainly understand how frustrating this could be and would like to offer our apologies.

Nuwave continues to strive to update and refine our products to be more modern and efficient.

That being said, we do now offer our new Power Dome.

Below is information about our power dome. Power Dome The virtually-indestructible Power Dome is built to withstand extreme temperatures. Made from polyphenylsulfone (PPSU), a material which delivers superior impact resistance while remaining BPA-free, the Power Dome uses similar technology applied in the manufacturing of jumbo jet windshields and NASA spaceships. In fact, the Power Dome is so strong, it's backed by a 3-year warranty.

We will be happy to assist you with getting a dome replacement at a more reasonable price. We value you as a customer and would like to request that you please contact Brenda J via phone at 224-206-3076, you may also email her at Brenda.j@nuwavenow.com. She is available Monday-Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm CST, to receive our best offer or warranty on the product.

Thank you.Sincerely, Jessica C Nuwave Customer Representative

to JessicaC #1146001

Seems to me you should be offering them the replacement free since they've bought THREE of your machines already all with the same defect.

to JessicaC #1150346

I too am a disgruntled owner of Your poorly developed product. I would like to know why your company does not offer "us", your customers (whom) have been scarred by this poorly designed product a free dome???