I like the idea behind this oven, and have used one at least 4 times per week for 5 years.The problem is, I've had to buy three ovens.
The first was mechanical (twist timer, not electronic). That head is actually still working. I replaced it because the see through dome was cracking after 4 years. The second one was the newer electronic unit.
The head failed after 8 months. I put the old head on the new dome (which was already cracking) and got another 5 months out of it until it actually fell apart in three pieces one day. The head is still okay. The third (and final - I'll never buy from this scam company again) went into service two weeks ago.
There's a crack in it already. I have not used the supplied dome rest in at least 4 years. I believed it was a poor design, and caused the disintigration of the first dome.
If you think you need one of these, research your purchase.There must be someone else out there making something similar.
More Review Details
What I liked
- Idea of the oven
What I disliked
- Poor quality of the dome and power head
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Fix the problem with the inferior dome. Make it out of tempered glass if you must, and make it affordable to people that have suffered with broken ones.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Nuwave Oven
- Nuwave Oven Oven
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a brand new 2016 Vizio TV. It came delivered to me in an undamaged box but the unit is damaged. I sent the pictures as requested..."
- "Love it but after 5 years, the dome cracked. Then the side cracked and now it wont heat at all. This does not last at all! If you can only..."
- "I got lured in to buying a tv here because of the price..i think we all do. Nowhere did it say they were re-sellers of refurbished product. I bought..."
- "Earlier this year, our family purchased just a little over $3100 worth of SONY products; including a top-of-the-line 65” SONY 4K UHDTV. SONY was the pioneer of 4K technology..."
- "I recently took my car to Nissan in Hamilton to have the rear right axle seal fixed...it was under warranty. My local mechanic noticed it was leaking and suggested..."
- "John Rego calls his business Regs Roofing. My neighbor was getting her roof done. The bundles of shingle were loaded onto a 12/12 pitch by Hermans Building Supplies...."
- "The counters at budget always try to upswell no matter what city I'm renting from and the answer is always no with exception of my last experience. The car was..."
- "they added V.O.D. and extra 50 on internet and more for same phone plus the installation charges. The best way to get this fixed is call the FCC and write..."
- "I ordered mats for my kitchen from a daily deal. When they came (I like the rugs. They were what I expected) they came postage due for $5.85. There was..."