1.5K views

Bought an nuwave air fryer and after a few uses it does not work consistenly. The basket seats but the sensor to tell the basket is seated does not work properly.

It says "OPEN" even when the basket is properly seated. This prevents it from coming on and operating correctly. It will occasionally turn on and run a minute or two, but then the "OPEN" light comes on and it quits. It started doing this or the 4th or 5th time we used it.

I would recommend no ever buy a,Nuwae air fryer. Small appliances should work more than a few times before they start having problems!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Nuwave Oven Air Fryer.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Having the same issue and it seems to be with the "button" on the upper left side. The spring you have to press in seems a little strong so when you slide in the basket it pushes back just hard enough to lodge the basket back and turn off the fryer

To everyone posting with the problem, make sure the basket is in correctl there is a front and back if it is in there backwards it will show as OPEN and will not work. Sounds simple but it happens

Make sure your basket with the handles is in the correct way there is a front and a back. Make sure hole is on the correct side

I used the Nuwave air fryer 3 times and now the open light is on and it will not work. It is closed properly.

Went to use mine the second time in the open light was on so I had a tape over the safety switch then close it and open light went off

I purchased mine yesterday and used it one time. Go to use it today and will not work just says Open.

You would think this issue would have bee. Fixed by now.

I am having the same problem. It started after a few times of using it.

It keeps saying OPEN when it is closed properly. It will start after a few minutes and stop working. It has a mind of it's own. Very frustrating!

It's so inconsistent. I wish I could return it. I hate it. When it works, it's great.

Nuwave should stand behind their products.

Do not buy. rh0dar@yahoo.com

I am so disappointed in my nuwave. I have only used it twice and now it will not close. This was a complete waste of money.

*** junk would never recommend this to anyone

Mine is doing the same thing ! Only have used it a few times.

So disappointed. Will never buy nuwave again !

to Samantha Randall #1569402

open light keeps coming on and will not cook properly , So disappointed with this purchase . I just bought it 2 months ago!!!!!!!!!

I am having the same issue with the Door Open indicator on and only used this, well, It was going to be the Third Time, unreal, piece of junk!.T

our open light stays on all the time to. it will not shut off!! we have had this for 3 months

JessicaC
Nuwave Oven Verified Representative

Dear Nuwave Customer,

Thank you for your review.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We are always more than willing to lend a listening ear to any experiences, as well as address and assist with any concern a customer has in regards to their product.

If you need any assistance or have any further questions or concerns please contact Arturo H directly at 224-206-3045 or email him at Arturo.h@nuwavenow.com.

Sincerely,

Jessica C Customer Service Representative

to JessicaC #1471947

I am having the exact same issue. Have used it 2 times and open error will not go off.

Please assist, is there a fix or do I have to return.

Extremely frustrated, ruined my family get together. Please respond to Dave at dsmith9202@gmail.com

to JessicaC #1634094

Dear Jessica, I just tried sending Arturo an email and it is undeliverable.