Chicago, Illinois
3.7K views

In Dec 2007 I purchased a Nu Wave Oven Pro. I use it once each day.

It is now May 29 and today I just received the second replacement dome because the first 2 domes developed large cracks, just from normal use. I complained to the seller who told me that the dome I received today was going to be heavier. Well it isnt heavier it is exactly the same as the last 2 domes, made of plastic!! I would never have purchased the oven if I knew that the dome is made of plastic.

It cannot endure high temperatures.

Product or Service Mentioned: Nuwave Oven Oven.

Comments

Same problem with mine

I have had two domes crack. I thought I had done something wrong with first one but now a second one has cracked! I treated with extremely gentle care but second one cracked and now I have two unusable ovens.

You are right, it does crack from normal use. I do not have one, but a friend of mine has had the same problem.

Don't buy it!!! The dome will crack and melt due to regular use and just to replace the plastic dome..

it will cost $47 plus shipping and handling. :roll

I have a nuwave, had it for the past 7 years and we also use it almost everyday. The dome got cracked - but it was still usable even cracked.

recently it got a second crack and now is melting - problem is no one can supply me with a replacement dome.

The company says they do not export to my country - funny how they exported the oven to South Africa how else did we get to buy it. If anyone can help me find someone that can supply me with a replacement I will be happy to buy it vaaldamprop@gmail.com

i really like the new wave but have had two domes second dome crack with in 2 months. called about dome got no where. the new wave company can take there dome and shove it up well you get the picture.

I LOVE MY NU WAVE, BUT MY DOME ALSO CRACKED USED IT ONCE A DAY EVERY DAY COOKING FOR MY HUSBAND AND MYSELF AND AFTER THE WARRANTY EXPIRED IT CRACKED. tHE COST TO REPLACE IT IS A LITTLE HIGH FOR ME. THEY SHOULD OFFER A BETTER PRICE FOR OLD CUSTOMERS.

I got my new wave in January of 2011 i loved it i use it all the time but there are so many cracks in it i hold my breath every time i use it cause it might be my last this really sucks cause it is a good thing to have but with out a glass dome available i now must find something different

my NuWave Oven Pro plastic dome has two cracks in it too. The company has to know about this problem.

Having same problem,after year dome cracked up. Replaced it same thing happend after 7 months.

I will try and find glass dome.

Or look for another product. Sad because my family loves our nuwave oven.

I like so many other users have the dome cracked in many places.

I called several times and always got the ' because of heavy volume of calls please leave a message'. Well, I Ieft several messages and got no return call.

They shipping cost is a rippoff! I will look for another brand that has glass for a dome.

If you stick with Nu wave be ready to shell out $30.00 or more every 12 - 18 months. That to me is not

cost effective.

I have bought two Nu Wave ovens , one for me and one for my daughter. I use mine a lot because I love it specially to make roasted chicken but the dome is broken and I've tried to send comments to the company and they never responded.

I wish I could by a glass dome because I am afraid to keep wasting money in buying another plastic dome that will end up cracking just like the other two. I like the oven but I would not recomended it to anybody because of the dome problem , unless they can replace the dome for a glass one.

Now I have practically new oven without that soon I would not be able to use because of the cracks in the dome are getting two big . :cry

I`v had my oven around a year the first time I used it the plastic dome turned brown ,now it is cracked I would like Product you can depend on, I might try another brand :sigh

mi cupula esta rota como puedo comprar otra mi correo es ceciliapilarc@hotmail.com por favor me dice alguien gracias :? :? :(

The company should take a very good look at their product. I have the same problem with my dome cracking.

I have replace it 3 times and every time I call customer service they're saying that it could be the way I'm taking care of it. That's bulls...

i would like to say i have injoyed my nu wave very much i got it in 2010 and i do have to say it does have a glass dome,now for the plastic dome owners you might require about changing from plastic to glass it might cost you a little but it will be worth it .thanks nu wave 8)

@hanna nunn

have had the same problem with plastic dome cracking , if there is a glass dome available where can it be purchased. don't have the money to shell out for another plastic dome that will crack too.

@hanna nunn

Hanna Nunn

You say you can get a glass dome for a Nu-Wave Oven where? Please post information for other Nu-Wave owners & users. Thank You

Have been trying to get ahold of nuwave co. hearthware at their e-mail and by phone.

Never get through on phone leave message and never hear back. Tried to send them a e-mail

and it comew back no a valid address.

How do youget in touch with them. Called three times to no avail.

We are watching the commercial now and i am so glad i checked this site before we ordered!! :?