Chicago, Illinois
3.4K views 177 comments

In Dec 2007 I purchased a Nu Wave Oven Pro.I use it once each day.

It is now May 29 and today I just received the second replacement dome because the first 2 domes developed large cracks, just from normal use. I complained to the seller who told me that the dome I received today was going to be heavier. Well it isnt heavier it is exactly the same as the last 2 domes, made of plastic!! I would never have purchased the oven if I knew that the dome is made of plastic.

It cannot endure high temperatures.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Nuwave Oven?

Submit review

Comments

Bella

You are right, it does crack from normal use. I do not have one, but a friend of mine has had the same problem.

Phyllis
Jacksonville, Florida, United States #761021

Don't buy it!!!The dome will crack and melt due to regular use and just to replace the plastic dome..

it will cost $47 plus shipping and handling.:roll

Juanita

I have a nuwave, had it for the past 7 years and we also use it almost everyday.The dome got cracked - but it was still usable even cracked.

recently it got a second crack and now is melting - problem is no one can supply me with a replacement dome.

The company says they do not export to my country - funny how they exported the oven to South Africa how else did we get to buy it.If anyone can help me find someone that can supply me with a replacement I will be happy to buy it vaaldamprop@gmail.com

OZ

i really like the new wave but have had two domes second dome crack with in 2 months. called about dome got no where. the new wave company can take there dome and shove it up well you get the picture.

RED
Fort Worth, Texas, United States #670438

I LOVE MY NU WAVE, BUT MY DOME ALSO CRACKED USED IT ONCE A DAY EVERY DAY COOKING FOR MY HUSBAND AND MYSELF AND AFTER THE WARRANTY EXPIRED IT CRACKED. tHE COST TO REPLACE IT IS A LITTLE HIGH FOR ME. THEY SHOULD OFFER A BETTER PRICE FOR OLD CUSTOMERS.

kandi

I got my new wave in January of 2011 i loved it i use it all the time but there are so many cracks in it i hold my breath every time i use it cause it might be my last this really sucks cause it is a good thing to have but with out a glass dome available i now must find something different

ottie

my NuWave Oven Pro plastic dome has two cracks in it too. The company has to know about this problem.

Tara

Having same problem,after year dome cracked up.Replaced it same thing happend after 7 months.

I will try and find glass dome.

Or look for another product.Sad because my family loves our nuwave oven.

jack timmerman

I like so many other users have the dome cracked in many places.

I called several times and always got the ' because of heavy volume of calls please leave a message'.Well, I Ieft several messages and got no return call.

They shipping cost is a rippoff! I will look for another brand that has glass for a dome.

If you stick with Nu wave be ready to shell out $30.00 or more every 12 - 18 months.That to me is not

cost effective.

Cira Santiago

I have bought two Nu Wave ovens , one for me and one for my daughter.I use mine a lot because I love it specially to make roasted chicken but the dome is broken and I've tried to send comments to the company and they never responded.

I wish I could by a glass dome because I am afraid to keep wasting money in buying another plastic dome that will end up cracking just like the other two. I like the oven but I would not recomended it to anybody because of the dome problem , unless they can replace the dome for a glass one.

Now I have practically new oven without that soon I would not be able to use because of the cracks in the dome are getting two big .:cry