I was so excited about this product when I saw it on tv.It seemed so affordable, too.

HA! Don't fall for that trap. I am NOT new to online shopping. I do probably 75% of our non-grocery shopping online.

The online site does NOT give a confirmation or review page. You end up with an emailed invoice without confirming the purchase. I immediately called the 888 number in the email. I was assured my order would be cancelled.

Well, it wasn't. My account was just charged a crazy amount, and my account is going to bounce when my car payment of $500 goes through.

I wish I would've saw these reviews of the unethical scamming from this company before I ever went to their site.Lesson learned.

Review about: Nuwave Oven Oven.

Had an Experience with Nuwave Oven?

Comments

I do agree that the S&H fees are a rip-off, but I disagree with the fact that you are "forced" to pay them...If you do in fact make multiple online purchases as you claim, then you should know better than to just point-and-click.

I just purchased one and read each screen that popped up. They ask you how many of the additional "free" items you would like, and given that the default choice is one, by simply changing the number to zero, you can avoid additional charges. Perhaps, your complaint would be more appropriate if it stated that their website is not user friendly (and that is an understatement.) The unethical remark is dubious as the company doesn't force you to click yes and at the end of the buying process there is an "Update Cart" (which allows you to make changes) and a "Confirm Purchase" button. If anything, while at that screen and still unsure whether it will cancel or not, I would suggest contacting the number and ensuring that leaving the page prior to completing the purchase won't result in a charge (make sure you get a name and a reference ID for the call...

I made the mistake to not do that and it was with a very reputable company, so it is not just these companies who can "scam" you).

As for me, I paid the $129 including S&H (got a $20 holiday discount) and printed the receipt while at the same time made sure I received an e-mail confirmation from the company.Hope the person who I sent it to does not have so many issues as...

Just bought a NuWave oven since I've heard such good things abut it from most people who have had one.It received rave reviews on AOL's consumer site as one of the few on line cooking products that works as advertised.HOWEVER, you have to be careful where you buy it on-line.

I bought mine at cookware.com and I'm very happy with what they sent me and the shipping price. Other web sites, such as nuwaveoven.com (which may be the official site of the manufacturer although I'm not sure) play so many games with things like splitting payments to makeit look like yu aren't paying as much, extra charges for color selections if you prefer black to white and exorbitant charges for shipping, etc. etc.

that they are essentially scam operations.They end up charging WAY more than they initially advertise and way more than I paid at cookware.com for exactly what I wanted..Be careful.As they say, "Let the buyer beware."

It was reading comments of this nature that disuaded me from ordering and, in so doing, conceivably prevented me from joining what appears to be a long line of victims.