The first new wave oven I had worked great for over four years.Bought the two deal special late 2013.
Gave one to my mom for Christmas. Kept the other as a back up or for when we had friends over and having two ovens would be great. The new one I purchased went in to use April of 2014 as my original unit finally died. My new unit has now died after less than 1 year of service.
I am a service technician in the HVAC industry and am familiar with high voltage fans, motors and electronic circuit boards. I disassembled both new and old power heads and discovered major design changes in the newer unit. The fan motor and assembly are not identical. The circuit board is redesigned.
There has been a dramtic change in either the components manufacture or if the same manufacture, some cost cutting design changes. My new unit power head had a burned out spot on the circuit board killing the heating element operation. I also noted that the protective coating on the circuit board which resists moisture damage to the board was only present on 3/4 of the board. The burned out spot had no coating on that portion of the board.
There is an apparent design flaw(s) that has to this point not been disclosed. New Wave has to know there is a problem. I have taken pictures and saved these. I have also sent an email to their sales and marketing department.
I doubt I will even get a responce. The worst part is that some marketing person or design engineer probably even got a bonus for the re-design and its flaws.
Very unhappy customer and not sure if I will continue buying their products.Have spent over $500.00 in the last four years on their products and have been for the most oart happy up till now.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- How the oven cooks
What I disliked
- Defective power dome
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Go back to original design quality. If its not broke, don't fix it. Substitute me with another newer product.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Bought a new nuwave 2 1/2 yrs ago got the more expensive dome so it wouldn't crack ( claims it will last 5 yrs) it crack badly while cooking a..."
- "I purchased a nuwave oven pro and my dome cracked in several places on it and a piece fell off the dome from where one one the places it..."
- "It's unbelievable what happened to my Nuwave after two years. I enjoyed using it and would like to have it again but without the risk of cracking. It's very helpful..."
- "The flower arragement delivered was far from being the product as displayed on the website. Instead of three birds of paradise, my wife got two anemic irises. There..."
- "Thank goodness I read my email. Here's the gem I found: "As a reminder, the first 30 days of your membership have been made available to you for the low cost..."
- "I read this forum was a bit concerned, but since each shop is independently operated, I decided that investing $730 is better than the $30K my next car would be. Albert,..."
- "Power Places Tours took the deposit money from someone called Jeanette Maw of the Goodvibes website. They tried to slap on an extra surcharge and when she decided to cancel,..."
- "Purchased patio door from Lowe's. Went with this product on recommendation by contractor. *** move. Issue one. Door arrived with passive latch system broken. Lowes..."
- "I purchased 2 Kensington recliners from Cymax thru Sears in June, 2015. 18 months later the leather is flaking off and the pull handle to open the reclining part is..."