Nuwave Oven - Original new wave oven great! New new wave oven terrible.
The first new wave oven I had worked great for over four years.Bought the two deal special late 2013.
Gave one to my mom for Christmas. Kept the other as a back up or for when we had friends over and having two ovens would be great. The new one I purchased went in to use April of 2014 as my original unit finally died. My new unit has now died after less than 1 year of service.
I am a service technician in the HVAC industry and am familiar with high voltage fans, motors and electronic circuit boards. I disassembled both new and old power heads and discovered major design changes in the newer unit. The fan motor and assembly are not identical. The circuit board is redesigned.
There has been a dramtic change in either the components manufacture or if the same manufacture, some cost cutting design changes. My new unit power head had a burned out spot on the circuit board killing the heating element operation. I also noted that the protective coating on the circuit board which resists moisture damage to the board was only present on 3/4 of the board. The burned out spot had no coating on that portion of the board.
There is an apparent design flaw(s) that has to this point not been disclosed. New Wave has to know there is a problem. I have taken pictures and saved these. I have also sent an email to their sales and marketing department.
I doubt I will even get a responce. The worst part is that some marketing person or design engineer probably even got a bonus for the re-design and its flaws.
Very unhappy customer and not sure if I will continue buying their products.Have spent over $500.00 in the last four years on their products and have been for the most oart happy up till now.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- How the oven cooks
What I disliked
- Defective power dome
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Go back to original design quality. If its not broke, don't fix it. Substitute me with another newer product.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I am one of the thousands of Nuwave oven users that had the dome crack during normal use. I have had this unit only 57 days. I contacted..."
- "Dome melted and contacted company. Was offered replacement at a price and willing to pay but never received reply. Sent my shipping info but contact person said wasn't received. sent..."
- "I ordered a brand new 2016 Vizio TV. It came delivered to me in an undamaged box but the unit is damaged. I sent the pictures as requested..."
- "i had ordered for magnetic iphone cable through facebook ad and got linked to shopify for order. I used my credit card for fulfilling the payment and amount of $14.95..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "POSHMARK ALLOWS THE SELLING OF COUNTERFEIT MICHAEL KORS HANDBAGS! COUNTERFEITS ARE ILLEGAL TO BUY AND TO SELL! I WAS WARNED BY POSHMARK BECAUSE I WAS LETTING BUYERS KNOW WHICH BAGS..."
- "The creation process of the ecard collage was seamless and impressive. However I discovered the ecard arrives with a "send a gift" button. I had purchased a subscription with the..."
- "ON MARCH 28 2016-I WAS LOOKING FOR A FREE RAGGEDER PROGRAM I HAD DOWN LOADED A WINDOW 8 REPAIR KIT PROGRAM. WHEN I DISCOVER NOT TO BE FREE. I DETECTED...."
- "I purchased a subscription only after waiting for a special. I wasn't going to spend money on these website. Until I saw in huge bold numbers $7.99 a month I..."