Nuwave Oven - Original new wave oven great! New new wave oven terrible.

415 of 1017 Nuwave Oven reviews

The first new wave oven I had worked great for over four years.Bought the two deal special late 2013.

Gave one to my mom for Christmas. Kept the other as a back up or for when we had friends over and having two ovens would be great. The new one I purchased went in to use April of 2014 as my original unit finally died. My new unit has now died after less than 1 year of service.

I am a service technician in the HVAC industry and am familiar with high voltage fans, motors and electronic circuit boards. I disassembled both new and old power heads and discovered major design changes in the newer unit. The fan motor and assembly are not identical. The circuit board is redesigned.

There has been a dramtic change in either the components manufacture or if the same manufacture, some cost cutting design changes. My new unit power head had a burned out spot on the circuit board killing the heating element operation. I also noted that the protective coating on the circuit board which resists moisture damage to the board was only present on 3/4 of the board. The burned out spot had no coating on that portion of the board.

There is an apparent design flaw(s) that has to this point not been disclosed. New Wave has to know there is a problem. I have taken pictures and saved these. I have also sent an email to their sales and marketing department.

I doubt I will even get a responce. The worst part is that some marketing person or design engineer probably even got a bonus for the re-design and its flaws.

Very unhappy customer and not sure if I will continue buying their products.Have spent over $500.00 in the last four years on their products and have been for the most oart happy up till now.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Defective power dome

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Go back to original design quality. If its not broke, don't fix it. Substitute me with another newer product.
Monetary loss:

Did you repair it????

0 0 Reply
Bill W

Apr 16, 2015 #972661 Jackson Center, Ohio, United States

Hey, read your review and I also purchased 7 Nuwaves as Xmas gifts. The BOGO , 1 for my daughter and 1 for me. The other 5 from Kohls. Mine has stopped working so I pulled the power head apart and looks like the large grey resister is blown but could not determine the size as color bars were gone. Also opened my daughter's and found as you did that it had a different board. I noticed in your 1st board pic that the big grey resister was still readable and wondered if you could tell me the size or at least an up close pic so I can try to repair myself with a replacement resistor or if you know just tell me what replacement resistor I need.
Thanks
Bworthington@embarqmail.com

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Nuwave Oven. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Nuwave Oven.
Filing a new complaint about
×