2K views
2.0

The first new wave oven I had worked great for over four years.Bought the two deal special late 2013.

Gave one to my mom for Christmas. Kept the other as a back up or for when we had friends over and having two ovens would be great. The new one I purchased went in to use April of 2014 as my original unit finally died. My new unit has now died after less than 1 year of service.

I am a service technician in the HVAC industry and am familiar with high voltage fans, motors and electronic circuit boards. I disassembled both new and old power heads and discovered major design changes in the newer unit. The fan motor and assembly are not identical. The circuit board is redesigned.

There has been a dramtic change in either the components manufacture or if the same manufacture, some cost cutting design changes. My new unit power head had a burned out spot on the circuit board killing the heating element operation. I also noted that the protective coating on the circuit board which resists moisture damage to the board was only present on 3/4 of the board. The burned out spot had no coating on that portion of the board.

There is an apparent design flaw(s) that has to this point not been disclosed. New Wave has to know there is a problem. I have taken pictures and saved these. I have also sent an email to their sales and marketing department.

I doubt I will even get a responce. The worst part is that some marketing person or design engineer probably even got a bonus for the re-design and its flaws.

Very unhappy customer and not sure if I will continue buying their products.Have spent over $500.00 in the last four years on their products and have been for the most oart happy up till now.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to "go back to original design quality. if its not broke, don't fix it. substitute me with another newer product" as the author lost $249. The author is overall dissatisfied with Nuwave Oven and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about nuwave oven oven from Nuwave Oven was defective power dome , but reviewer liked how the oven cooks. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Nuwave Oven.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Nuwave Oven to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Nuwave Oven?

Comments

Did you repair it????

Jackson Center, Ohio, United States #972661

Hey, read your review and I also purchased 7 Nuwaves as Xmas gifts.The BOGO , 1 for my daughter and 1 for me.

The other 5 from Kohls. Mine has stopped working so I pulled the power head apart and looks like the large grey resister is blown but could not determine the size as color bars were gone. Also opened my daughter's and found as you did that it had a different board.

I noticed in your 1st board pic that the big grey resister was still readable and wondered if you could tell me the size or at least an up close pic so I can try to repair myself with a replacement resistor or if you know just tell me what replacement resistor I need.

Thanks