Nuwave Oven - Original new wave oven great! New new wave oven terrible.
The first new wave oven I had worked great for over four years.Bought the two deal special late 2013.
Gave one to my mom for Christmas. Kept the other as a back up or for when we had friends over and having two ovens would be great. The new one I purchased went in to use April of 2014 as my original unit finally died. My new unit has now died after less than 1 year of service.
I am a service technician in the HVAC industry and am familiar with high voltage fans, motors and electronic circuit boards. I disassembled both new and old power heads and discovered major design changes in the newer unit. The fan motor and assembly are not identical. The circuit board is redesigned.
There has been a dramtic change in either the components manufacture or if the same manufacture, some cost cutting design changes. My new unit power head had a burned out spot on the circuit board killing the heating element operation. I also noted that the protective coating on the circuit board which resists moisture damage to the board was only present on 3/4 of the board. The burned out spot had no coating on that portion of the board.
There is an apparent design flaw(s) that has to this point not been disclosed. New Wave has to know there is a problem. I have taken pictures and saved these. I have also sent an email to their sales and marketing department.
I doubt I will even get a responce. The worst part is that some marketing person or design engineer probably even got a bonus for the re-design and its flaws.
Very unhappy customer and not sure if I will continue buying their products.Have spent over $500.00 in the last four years on their products and have been for the most oart happy up till now.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- How the oven cooks
What I disliked
- Defective power dome
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Go back to original design quality. If its not broke, don't fix it. Substitute me with another newer product.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Bought at Kohl's. Phyllis Freeman ..."
- "14 months after purchasing my PIC units, one of them came totally apart. Customer service tells me "sorry it only comes with a 12 month warranty. Offered me a discount..."
- "Dome melted and contacted company. Was offered replacement at a price and willing to pay but never received reply. Sent my shipping info but contact person said wasn't received. sent..."
- "On July 1, I had 2 so called salesman come to the door with a hokey sales pitch named Rob and Danny. My friend had a small..."
- "I purchased a subscription only after waiting for a special. I wasn't going to spend money on these website. Until I saw in huge bold numbers $7.99 a month I..."
- "I bought a pair of St. John bay boots, in less then 30 days they started falling apart. Worst boots I ever bought. What a waste of money, now I..."
- "Ridiculous delays in shipping, packaging that is clearly labeled "FRAGILE" on all sides of the box is NOT being taken note of, many packages arrive smashed. I have witnessed drivers..."
- "Last night, my wife and I attempted to book a flight for an upcoming trip for 6 members of our family using Orbitz.com. We entered all of the information for..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."