I purchased a nu wave in June of this year 2010.We finally decided to cook something big like a chicken with stuffing.

The top of the machine where the air vents out melted some of the plastic top that looks like a star. The chicken came out really good and moist but I don't know for how long this unit will keep working. I have never seen a kitchen appliance melt before.

I think it is a shame the products being made don't last these days.I am just wondering if I am the only one with a defective unit?

Review about: Nuwave Oven Oven.

Had an Experience with Nuwave Oven?

Comments

Flat Rock, Alabama, United States #219211

I bought one today from Kohls and picked up some steaks on the way home to fix in it for Dinner.I put the first two in and worked FLAWLESSLY!!

Put the other two in and seemed OK. Turned them over to cook on other side and about 3 minutes into cooking WOW!!! I was in the other room and heard one awful sound! Dog came running out of room scared to death!!

Low and behold the same problem you encountered so did I!!! The drive for the fan is mounted in plastic at top by vent and when it gets hot can melt and release the drive mechanism creating this loud grinding noise! This COULD BE A NICE APPLIANCE but as long as its MADE IN CHINA it will never be!!!!!

TYPICAL CHINESE JUNK!!!The owners that have had theirs for 15-20 years and still work should realize and APPRECIATE THE AMERICAN QUALITY BEFORE NAFTA was put in place!!!!!

I cooked a turkey in mine after using it for about 7 months and that is when my vent melted. I don't know if I can still use it...????? :eek

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #194954

Thanks for answering my question, all i did was put it in the oven and it came out melted.

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #194953

yes you are mine works fine.