Nuwave Oven - Warrenty up grade scam

292 of 1017 Nuwave Oven reviews

the new wave oven dome cracks under warranty u call to get a replacement one they sell you a upgraded one with three year warranty, caws they claim they no longer sell the original dome, after press to talk to the supervisor after two hours on the phone the supervisor admitted they still have replacement domes that are not the upgraded ones.they admitted the dome cracks caws it washed in the dishwasher and the dishwashers heating element stress out the plastic and all so the cracks form on the side the dome where you rest the dome in the medal resting rack.

and yet they padded the shipping cost i weighted the replacement dome in the box they sent it in , and i could shipped it for less using united states postal service . but yet they claimed everything was dishwasher safe expect the power unit that goes on the dome, and they new the dishwasher would weaken the plastic cook dome and lead it to cracking where it would rest in the resting rack, the cracks in my dome happened after using the dishwasher a few times.

i would recommend hand washing the plastic dome.of course that means the plastic dome last longer and they cant rip you off with a replacement up grade bait and switch.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
292 of 1017 Nuwave Oven reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Mar 20 #1130985

I'm sorry to inform you but you don't have to put your dome in the dishwasher for it to crack. I have had several domes to crack and none of them were ever washed in the dishwasher. It's just that those domes are made of poor quality. I love the way the NuWave cooks and the convenience of it, but the domes don't last.

Dec 15, 2015 #1079194

my dishwasher is broke and we have never used it to clean our dome and after about 5 times of handwashing it in the sink with less than 120 degree hot water it has 3 cracks .. it still cooks but now the rim plastic is cracking and splitting from dome .. I don't think its a heating problem as much as a heating and then cooling problem ... i don't even have the metal dome rest i just lift it straight off and set it straight down onto my glasstop cook surface w/ oven! im looking online to see if there is any product safety recall or consumer alerts. i saw some place with a dome for 13 dollars ... which isn't bad but Id have to buy 26 of those in a year because I use it sooooo much !! Its a great cooker I LOVE IT ... but want the dome issue solved !!!! THANKS!!!!

Nov 25, 2015 #1069745

I have the new buy one get one free set. The plastic breaks even before you put it in the dishwasher. I don't use a dishwasher. I dropped mine once and it broke. Also dropped both the twisters and both the cups broke. Indestructible my ***. False advertisement definitely!

Aug 23, 2015 #1023506

my dome has cracks in it too, just from using, never been in dish washer

Good Grief

Feb 01 #1104200 El Sobrante, California, United States

I am just in the process of buying a Nuwave Oven,
but am repulsed by all the negative reviews regarding the cracks in the plastic dome.Did the
company resolve the problem?problem?
Please could you let me know.
Thanks,
EH email: edithbythesea@juno.com

JessicaC

Aug 13, 2015 #1019121

Nuwave Oven verified representative

Dear Anonymous,
Thank you for your honest feedback.
Please accept my deepest apology for all the trouble that you experienced with your dome, we could certainly understand how frustrating this could be.
I can assure you that this is not the way NuWave conducts business. I can also assure you that there is ripping off going on. We have been in business for 18 years and have sold over 5 million ovens.
We pride ourselves in being the leader when it comes to our products and serving our customers.
Customer satisfaction is our #1 priority and we continue to make changes to enhance the customer experience. We value you as a customer and will like to get this issue resolved for you immediately. If you may please contact me directly, I may be reached at 224-206-3078 or Jessica.C@nuwavenow.com Monday-Friday 8am to 4:30pm. I will be glad to assist you with getting your issue resolved. Thank you. Sincerely, Jessica C Sincerely, Jessica C, Nuwave Customer Service Team Lead 224-206-3078 Jessica.C@nuwavenow.com

Aug 23, 2015 #1023511 Bardstown, Kentucky, United States

jessica , why are you putting out this dead telephone number , 877-689-2838, for coustomer service, you know its dead!!!

JessicaC

Aug 24, 2015 #1023860

Nuwave Oven verified representative

Hello Anonymous,
I do apologize that you are experiencing problems getting through to customer service. I assure you that 877-689-2838 is a very active number with customer service available Mon-Fri 7am to 8pm central standard time. In the event that you are unable to get through to customer service please feel free to contact my direct line provided 224-206-3078. If you have any further questions please let me know. Thank you.

Aug 13, 2015 #1019025

I never put my nuwave dome in the dishwasher and it still cracked. Nuwave has some awful tactics to buy (and get ripped off) another dome. jack up the shipping price and also dome price. Crookery at its best! We need a class action law suit against them. Angry consumer not able to use nuwave!

Aug 30, 2015 #1027476

I had to take it away from my mother, steam would escaping from the cracked side I was worrying that a ninety year old would get severally hurt. Got her two bowel type Infrared ovens, not just the same. She loves the Nuwave Oven as plastic dome deteriorated, unsafe. When Costco sells them again I'll exchange it.
Joe N.
A1lab@aol.com

Aug 09, 2015 #1017591

You might have wanted to clean your kitchen before taking that picture!

2 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.