1.1K views 12 comments

the new wave oven dome cracks under warranty u call to get a replacement one they sell you a upgraded one with three year warranty, caws they claim they no longer sell the original dome, after press to talk to the supervisor after two hours on the phone the supervisor admitted they still have replacement domes that are not the upgraded ones.they admitted the dome cracks caws it washed in the dishwasher and the dishwashers heating element stress out the plastic and all so the cracks form on the side the dome where you rest the dome in the medal resting rack.

and yet they padded the shipping cost i weighted the replacement dome in the box they sent it in , and i could shipped it for less using united states postal service . but yet they claimed everything was dishwasher safe expect the power unit that goes on the dome, and they new the dishwasher would weaken the plastic cook dome and lead it to cracking where it would rest in the resting rack, the cracks in my dome happened after using the dishwasher a few times.

i would recommend hand washing the plastic dome.of course that means the plastic dome last longer and they cant rip you off with a replacement up grade bait and switch.

Review about: Nuwave Oven.

3.4
Style and Design
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Nuwave Oven Oven
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Pricing issue / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Nuwave Oven?

Submit review

Comments

js
Pinckney, Michigan, United States #1211137

Hand washing makes no difference.

I'm sorry to inform you but you don't have to put your dome in the dishwasher for it to crack.I have had several domes to crack and none of them were ever washed in the dishwasher.

It's just that those domes are made of poor quality.I love the way the NuWave cooks and the convenience of it, but the domes don't last.

my dishwasher is broke and we have never used it to clean our dome and after about 5 times of handwashing it in the sink with less than 120 degree hot water it has 3 cracks ..it still cooks but now the rim plastic is cracking and splitting from dome ..

I don't think its a heating problem as much as a heating and then cooling problem ... i don't even have the metal dome rest i just lift it straight off and set it straight down onto my glasstop cook surface w/ oven! im looking online to see if there is any product safety recall or consumer alerts. i saw some place with a dome for 13 dollars ...

which isn't bad but Id have to buy 26 of those in a year because I use it sooooo much !! Its a great cooker I LOVE IT ...

but want the dome issue solved !!!!THANKS!!!!

I have the new buy one get one free set.The plastic breaks even before you put it in the dishwasher.

I don't use a dishwasher. I dropped mine once and it broke. Also dropped both the twisters and both the cups broke.

Indestructible my ***.False advertisement definitely!

my dome has cracks in it too, just from using, never been in dish washer

Good Grief
to Anonymous El Sobrante, California, United States #1104200

I am just in the process of buying a Nuwave Oven,

but am repulsed by all the negative reviews regarding the cracks in the plastic dome.Did the

company resolve the problem?problem?

Please could you let me know.

Thanks,

EH email: edithbythesea@juno.com

JessicaC
#1019121
Nuwave Oven Verified Representative

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for your honest feedback.

Please accept my deepest apology for all the trouble that you experienced with your dome, we could certainly understand how frustrating this could be.

I can assure you that this is not the way NuWave conducts business.I can also assure you that there is ripping off going on.

We have been in business for 18 years and have sold over 5 million ovens.

We pride ourselves in being the leader when it comes to our products and serving our customers.

Customer satisfaction is our #1 priority and we continue to make changes to enhance the customer experience. We value you as a customer and will like to get this issue resolved for you immediately. If you may please contact me directly, I may be reached at 224-206-3078 or Jessica.C@nuwavenow.com Monday-Friday 8am to 4:30pm.

I will be glad to assist you with getting your issue resolved.

Thank you.Sincerely, Jessica C Sincerely, Jessica C, Nuwave Customer Service Team Lead 224-206-3078 Jessica.C@nuwavenow.com

to JessicaC Bardstown, Kentucky, United States #1023511

jessica , why are you putting out this dead telephone number , 877-689-2838, for coustomer service, you know its dead!!!

JessicaC
to Anonymous #1023860
Nuwave Oven Verified Representative

Hello Anonymous,

I do apologize that you are experiencing problems getting through to customer service.I assure you that 877-689-2838 is a very active number with customer service available Mon-Fri 7am to 8pm central standard time.

In the event that you are unable to get through to customer service please feel free to contact my direct line provided 224-206-3078.

If you have any further questions please let me know.Thank you.

#1019025

I never put my nuwave dome in the dishwasher and it still cracked.Nuwave has some awful tactics to buy (and get ripped off) another dome.

jack up the shipping price and also dome price. Crookery at its best!

We need a class action law suit against them.Angry consumer not able to use nuwave!